Franck Bonnetain is a full Professor in epidemiology and biostatistics who received a master’s degree in clinical epidemiology from School of Public Health (Nancy, France). He obtained a PhD in public health with epidemiology and statistics specialties in 2005 as well asthe “Habilitation à diriger des recherches” (Professoral capability) in 2010.
After working as epidemiologist for 3 years in Dijon for the “Institut de Veille Sanitaire”, he served as epidemiologist and biostatistician for the design, analyses and interpretation of clinical trials in Oncology. He was head of the methodology unit of French Federation of Digestive Cancerology (FFCD) and as head of methodology and quality of life unit of Georges François Leclerc Cancer care center from 2003 to 2012 (Dijon, France). Finally in September 2012 he was nominated as Professor in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health and quality of life in oncology at the university hospital of Besançon. He took the head of the methodology and quality of life in oncology unit.
In 2009, he launched and was co-founder of the French national clinical research plateform “Quality of life and cancer”.
He teaches statistics, epidemiology, methodology of clinical trials and quality of life in medical and pharmaceutical school as well as for master degree.
Definition, selection and validation of endpoints used in oncology clinical trials
Health related quality of life and other Patient reported outcome in oncology
Design of clinical trials and epidemiological studies in oncology
Development of prognostic and predictive scoring system
Main areas of expertise:
- Methodology Statistics and clinical epidemiology
- Clinical trial and clinical research
- Quality of life
- Patient reported outcome
- Digestive Oncology
- Consensus methodology
- Supportive care
Main ongoing external collaborations:
- Full Member of EORTC QoL group since 2010 and board of Probe project since 2014
- Member of ARCAD Clinical Trials Program (http://arcad.marcelww.com/nos-actions/programmes-de-recherche/arcad-clinical-trials-program) and co-head of pancreatic cancer meta-analysis
- Head of DATECAN initiative (internal consensus for the definition of composite endpoints used in oncology clinical trials)
- Head of methodology of GERCOR since 2009 and member of PRODIGE group - Secretary of the AFSOS-UNICANCER French national supportive care group since 2013
- Referent Methodologist expert for GERICO (Geriatric oncology trials in France) and GI group of Unicancer
- Board of ANOCEF since 2010 (Association des neuro-oncologues d’expression française)
- Member of Cochrane lung cancer
- Prognostic Score and Nomogram to Predict Overall Survival in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: The PROLAP score (mettre un lien qui renvoit sur l’outil)